Need Help? You are not alone!
If you have arrived at this site because you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis and/or is contemplating suicide, please do not feel ashamed and do not be afraid to reach out to someone immediately. Everyone is in need of help from time to time and there are plenty of resources available to you.
For immediate assistance call 911
- For the 24-hour Hamilton crisis line call COAST: 905-972-8338
- For the 24-hour national LGBTQ teen crisis intervention and suicide prevention organization call The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 or visit www.thetrevorproject.org
- For the 24-hour national helpline for children, teens and young adults call the Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or visit www.kidshelpphone.ca
- For information on suicide prevention visit www.suicideprevention.ca
- For information on depression visit www.depressionhurts.ca
- For the Canadian Mental Health Association and to find your local CMHA visit www.cmha.ca
- For faith-based mental health services and counselling call Shalem Mental Health Network: 905-528-0353 or visit www.shalemnetwork.org
- For the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – Rainbow Services call: 416-535-8501 ext. 6616 or visit www.camh.ca/en/hospital/Pages/home.aspx
- For a community development program designed to improve the lives of LGBTQ youth in Toronto call Supporting Our Youth: 1-416-324-5077 or visit www.soytoronto.org
- For LGBTQ health services call Sherbourne Health Centre: 1-416-324-4180 or visit www.sherbourne.on.ca
- For a safe place to navigate faith and sexuality call New Direction Ministries of Canada: 416-318-7163 or visit www.newdirection.ca